|General Information · Episode Gallery · Transcript|
|← Ralphie and the Flying Tennellis||Tim and the Talking Trees||Waste Not, Want Not →|
- "I love my job."
- —Ms. Frizzle
Tim and the Talking Trees is the tenth episode of the second season of The Magic School Bus Rides Again. It is about communication.
Tim shows a book about a mother tree talking her children, when Ralphie interrupts him by saying "Fake alert!". He didn't believe that trees can talk. Carlos and Keesha say that if they want to win the Walkerville Science Fair Crazy But True trophy like every year, they need to come up with some crazy BUT true. Tim says that everything in the forest communicates, and Wanda agrees with. But some of the kids disagree, forming a big argument. Ms. Frizzle comes into the room (who probably eavesdropped on them) and told everyone what happened. Dorothy Ann says that they go back to her idea: how low temperature superconductivity can be explored via condensation of Cooper pairs in a bosom-like state. Not understanding what she just said, the class decides to go with Tim's talking trees idea, which leads to, much to Arnold's dismay, a field trip. As the bus starts to do its stuff, the seatbelts turn into vines. The inside of the Bus covers up with tree bark and mushrooms start to grow out of the seats. After the Bus finally transforms into a tree, they arrive in a forest. The kids step out of the Magic School Tree as Ralphie says, "HELLO! ANYONE HERE?", trying to prove to Tim that trees can't communicate in words.
- This is the first time in which the entire class goes into an argument. In previous episodes, only a few students have argued.
- We see what the Bus is like when it is transforming from the inside.
- Dorothy Ann's intelligence from Shows and Tells is shown in this episode.
- As of this episode, Keesha is the only character who has never transformed into a tree.
- However, she has transformed into a leaf (part of a tree) in Pigs in the Wind, which is also a plant.
- This is the last episode to focus on Tim in this season.
- This episode was referenced in Janet's Mystery Gene when Carlos talks about his transformation into a fir tree.
- All About Earth (2021 DVD Release)
- Netflix (since April 13, 2018)
- Google Play, Amazon, etc. (July 7, 2020 release)