The Magic School Bus Explores the Senses is the tenth book in the original book series, published in 1999.
When Ms. Frizzle leaves school before getting an important message, Mr. Wilde, Walkerville’s new assistant principal, hops on the Bus to chase her. The class piles in after him, and before their day is over, they have tracked her down and traveled through a police officer's eye, a child's ear, and even a dog's nose!
- This is the first time in the original book series that Ms/Professor Frizzle is shown to own and/or drive any vehicle other than the bus. She also owns a motorbike.
- Ms. Frizzle's mother, Mrs. Frizzle, is also shown in this book.
- This reveals that the Bus is school property and Ms. Frizzle drives a Sensemobile V, a humanoid car with a face much like the Bus'.
- This is also the first time someone else besides the children is driving the Bus other than Valerie/Fiona Frizzle or Liz.
- This is the third time that the Bus hasn't transformed into anything, along with At The Waterworks & Inside The Human Body.
- In late 20th- and early 21st-century American and Canadian VHS tapes of the original series, such as the releases of Under Construction or In a Beehive, the promo about MSB books used this book to represent the 1986–2021 series.
- The Bus travels inside Ms. Frizzle's body for the first time in the book series.
- This is the first book to be written after the PBS run of the 1994 series, and so is the only one of the books from the 20th century to not be featured in a funding promo.
- The audio cassette for this book is the last to feature Alice Playten's narration, along with Judy Graubert as Mrs Frizzle.
|"We need to go deeper!"|
This article, or section of the article, is a stub.
Click here to expand the stub.