|General Information · Episode Gallery · Transcript|
|← [[Ready, Set, Fail!|Ready, Set, Fail!]]||The Good, the Bad, and the Gnocchi||[[Send in the Clouds|Send in the Clouds]] →|
The Magic School Bus: The Good, the Bad, and the Gnocchi is an episode on the second season of Scholastic's The Magic School Bus Rides Again.
NCircle and Knowledge Kids refer to this episode as The Good, the Bad, the Gnocchi, without the &.
Carlos invites Mikey over to the Tennelli family's Italian restaurant. They race to the restaurant, where they meet the students, to look at Ralphie's spaghetti display. Ms. Frizzle enters and suggests that the two race there, so she uses the Bus and shrinks everyone to the display. The boys pick teams of students to reach to the top of the mountain and claim a giant piece of cannoli dubbed "the gold". With the help of simple machines made from fresh artisan Italian food, they could escape from Ralphie's ravenous dog, Noodles, and claim the gold.
- This episode is a pun on "spaghetti Western".
- Ralphie's father is mentioned for the second time and first time in Rides Again.
- The title is based on the spaghetti Western, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- This is Mikey's third and final appearance.
- On the 2020 NCircle print of this episode, it is known as "The Good, the Bad, the Gnocchi".
- Mikey's voice actor/ess in this episode is unknown, and they were never credited.
- This is the only time when Mikey and Jyoti interact with each other.
- Ralphie is the second student revealed to have a pet, his dog Noodles. The first is Wanda.
- This is the first and only Mikey episode Jyoti appears in.
- This is the first Mikey episode where Phoebe dosen't appear in.
- This is the the third time Arnold and Keesha sit next to each other on the bus. The first being Gets Eaten, and the second being Goes on Air.
- This is the first time the class is seen without Carlos.
- This is the last apperance of Mikey in the MSBF (Magic School Bus Franchise).