|Info · Gallery · Appearances|
- "Never order mushrooms and anchovies on the same pizza."
- —in Spins a Web
Carlos Ramón (Daniel DeSantoMSB/Leke Maceda-RusteckiRA), also spelled Ramon in subtitles, closed captions, and Meet the Class, is one of the students in Ms. Frizzle's class at Walkerville Elementary School.
Carlos is the oldest child and older son of Mr. and Mrs. Ramón, and the older brother of Mikey Ramon. Mikey is a paraplegic boy who seems to be some sort of a genius, always building contraptions and sorts. Carlos seems to get humor from his father (as seen in Going Batty), as they both like to tell jokes.
Carlos is the class clown who is always known for making a pun or joke about the situation they are in. He is a hands-on learner, preferring to invent different devices rather than learn from a book, making him something of a foil to Dorothy Ann. He tends to tell bad jokes and puns, which causes the class to groan "Carlos!" in annoyance.
Carlos is a Latin American boy with Brown hair (black hair in original) , brown eyes and tan skin. In his first appearances in the book series, he wears a blue sweater vest with long, yellow raglan sleeves, green trousers and red Vans sneakers. He bears a striking similar resemblance to his classmate, John, another Latin American. In "And the Science Fair Expedition", he finally wears his blue hoodie like his television counterpart.
In the original television series, he wears a yellow T-shirt, a blue hooded sweater, red trousers and black and dark blue converse sneakers. In the Rides Again series, his hoodie is red and his trousers are blue. He has a surprisingly well-built physique for someone around his age, as shown in "Gets Eaten" and "Goes to Mussel Beach", and that was most likely because of him briefly taking up weight lifting. ("Gains Weight").
For winter wear, he wears a green and orange hooded jacket in place of his regular blue hoodie.
For beach wear, he wears blue trunks with red and yellow patterns.
For rain wear, he wears a blue rain hat, blue raincoat and red gumboots.
For formal wear, he wears a white shirt, a dark green tux, a red tie and brown casual shoes.
For basketball wear, he wears a dark blue basketball shirt, red shorts, blue socks and red Converse sneakers.
Friend)=== mb|link=Special:FilePath/Vlcsnap-2021-03-17-14h08m30s842.png]] series. Friend/Crush)=== g|thumb|link=Special:FilePath/Vlcsnap-04-01-15h27m02s610.png]] Sneezes]]. Friend)===
The Magic School Bus
Carlos unintentionally drives Phoebe to start her own activist group called Students Against Desert Scarcity (SADS) in "All Dried Up" after he goes on about how any animals in the desert would be suffering in the heat and from a lack of food and water. He tries to convince her through the whole trip that the animals are doing fine without her, but it's not until after a flood that she realizes he was right. In "In the Haunted House," he builds an instrument for the class' concert at the Sound Museum, but unfortunately, it sounds "ploopy." Once he figures out what's making it sound that way, he makes it sound right. He leads the rest of the class in baking a cake for Ms. Frizzle in " Gets Ready, Set, Dough." He and Phoebe butt heads once again, somewhat, in "Goes to Seed." He's irritated with her for not having a plant in her class garden plot, as they're supposed to get their photo taken to be on the cover of Plant It! magazine (and "get famous"). He is also irritated with her for being embarrassed about being seen by her old teacher Mr. Seedplot. In "Gets Ants in Its Pants" he makes a lot of bad jokes about ants. He often puts in plot ideas for an ant movie for the science fair and is irritated with Keesha for being picky and bossy.
Upon hearing that there's a new island that had yet to be discovered, Carlos and Dorothy Ann race to see who can discover it first ("Blows Its Top"). He's convinced in "The Busasaurus" that dinosaurs are "the biggest and meanest animals that ever lived!" He'd love to see the "fighting and slaughtering," but he changes his tune when Arnold and Phoebe are missing, now paranoid that "the dinos did them in!" His brother, Mikey, makes his first appearance in "Getting Energized" when he calls him to help the class get their ride at the fair to work.
Carlos gets the opportunity to debate in town hall over the proposal of a new mega mall in "Gets Swamped." He wants to argue for the mall, but he loses a coin toss to Janet, so now he has to argue against the mall. In "Makes a Stink," he tries to find the perfect scent for the class to present to Flora Whiff, a smell expert, but the mothball he brings is accidentally crushed by Janet. Mikey makes his second appearance in "Gets Programmed" when Carlos asks for his help getting Mr. Ruhle's new computer set up.
Rides Again series
In "Carlos Gets the Sneezes", Carlos adopts Ratney the rat from the animal shelter. He is planning to convince Mr. Ruhle that she is perfect for a class pet, but he starts sneezing. He thinks it was a cold, but the class discovers that the things that make him sneeze were allergens. He becomes worried when he thinks he is allergic to Ratney and takes her back to the animal shelter. But when Wanda takes him to a flower garden where Ratney wandered off to earlier that day, he starts sneezing again. This makes them realize that he is not allergic to her, but he is in fact allergic to the pollen that stuck to her fur.
In "Janet's Mystery Gene", Carlos worries about being partnered with Janet to read to the kindergarteners.
Friz devices used
Carlos owns a red Friz phone and a red FrizTab with a keyboard.
- He makes the most puns and jokes in the entire franchise.
- He is from Venezuela. 
- In every dub of the original series and Rides Again, his name stays as "Carlos".
- Carlos Ramón Hidalgo, a soccer player, has a similar name to Carlos.
- He is the only student in the class with a diacritic in his name. In Spanish, an acute accent is placed on the vowel letter of a syllable to show stress. In this case the "món" in Ramón is.
- In Tim's comics, he is known as Boy H₂O. 
- The first coin flip he ever lost was to Janet. 
- Carlos's favorite color is blue. 
- He is the second character revealed that blue is his/her favorite color, the first being Janet. However, Unlike Janet, Carlos has worn the color.
- Carlos's favorite animal is a rat.  
- Carlos's favorite sport is soccer.  
- He loves mammoths. 
- He and his antics became the subject of an internet meme, with screen caps, image macros and/or images created with Adobe Photoshop of him being used in association with word play humor on 4chan and several other sites.
- He has arachnophobia.
- Carlos can speak Spanish. 
- He has shown to have a crush on Dorothy Ann in episodes like Gets Ready, Set, Dough, Blows Its Top, and Spins a Web with Wanda in Carlos Gets the Sneezes, and with Keesha in In the Zone.
- Carlos is the first character whose sibling was revealed; the others being Dorothy Ann and Wanda.
- Carlos is the one of the students that has 6 letters in their original English name, the others being Arnold, Keesha and Phoebe.
- He also has six letters in his name in all languages that are written using the Latin alphabet.
- For other alphabets, he has six letters in his Greek and Russian names and four katakana characters to spell out his Japanese name.
- Carlos is the second student to have a deep voice, the first being Tim, and the third being Ralphie.
- Carlos has family of a non-White race, like Wanda, Jyoti, and Tim.
- He and Arnold are the only students that have the same allergy. 
- Carlos has a aunt who dislikes rats .
- Carlos is left-handed.   
- Carlos likes sports, similar to Ralphie, Phoebe, Wanda, Tim and Jyoti.   
- He, Tim, WandaRA, and Keesha are the tallest kids in the class.
- It's implied that Carlos is best friends with Ralphie. 
- Carlos's favorite planet is Pluto. 
- Carlos's mother didn't appear in the series, however, she was mentioned in The Good, the Bad, and the Gnocchi.
- Carlos is one of the students to have one of their parents appear in an episode, the others being Wanda, Ralphie and Phoebe.
- Carlos is the only student in the TV series who is Latin-American or Hispanic.
- John and Carmen do not count, both being book-exclusives.
- Carlos is the only male major student not to change voice actors in a series. Daniel DeSanto spent the entire original series voicing him. In Rides Again, Leke Maceda-Rustecki is his current voice as of now.
- Carlos loves dinosaurs   and reptiles  .
- Carlos' signature colors are redRA and blue/yellow.MSB
- Carlos's favorite food is spaghetti. 
- He also likes Italian food, like pizza, similar to Ralphie.
- Carlos's favorite frozen yogurt is a banana split. 
- Carlos doesn't like mushrooms. 
- But in Tim and the Talking Trees, when Arnold turned into a mushroom, he didn't seem to mind.
- Acording to Keesha, Carlos's impressions are “terrible”. 
|Carlos Ramon • Mr. Ramon • Mrs. Ramon (mentioned) . Mikey Ramon . Carlos and Mikey's grandmother (mentioned) . Carlos and Mikey's grandfather (mentioned)|